6.9 Earthquake Bonin Islands, Japan

Tags: 6.9, Bonin, Breaking, Earthquake, Islands, Japan, News:

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

USGS: Link
Google and Twitter Updates: Link
Holy Cow!
TOKYO – A 6.9-magnitude earthquake has hit Japan swaying large buildings in the center of Tokyo.

The earthquake hit Tuesday afternoon, centered off the country's southern coast, Japan's meteorological agency said.

There are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The agency said there was no danger of a tsunami.
Link
Holy crap! I hope people are OK, I have been to Japan and the private common homes are very flimsy...
Magnitude lowered to 6.6 .. still no reports of injuries or damage forthcoming.
Isn't Japan about 13 hours different in time than the US? Maybe communications are down?
Astrotometry & thebarcaroller on YT both predicted a magnitude above 6.2 for the 30th.

The Rsoe site also seems to indicate 2 separate quakes - 2 minutes apart. (6.6 then a 6.9) but USGS only lists 1 at a 6.6.
Makes you wonder....
You're a very wise woman Cathy
Cathy; That information is amazing. What is the Rsoe site... I wonder how things are now going in Japan. My heart sure goes out to them.
Another @ UTC 04:05:14 Mag. 7.2 @488 km depth This one is also not listed yet on USGS as of 05:41 UTC/GMT 11/30/2010
Good "Digging" ya'll!
All is well .. no damage or injuries from what I can tell. Did the ufo's jump in to help stabilize the region?

RSS

Donations ...

Number of donations this month - 10 ..... Please consider donating.....

Take Time for You...

Happy Easter Weekend!

Non-Member Website Contact Info.

Contact Email for Non- Members -
YouRTubeNews2009@gmail.com  

Truth will set us free

Breaking News:

To control which emails you receive on YouRTubeNews, CLICK HERE

free counters

No Spam Allowed..

Music

Loading…

Moon

CURRENT MOON

We're a friendly group who enjoy keeping up with the news and searching for truth.

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

© 2014   Created by UnSlaveMe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service